Lung Strengthening Exercises
Lung strengthening is important for increasing the amount of oxygen that your lungs can hold. These exercises are also important in reducing the restriction that can be placed on your lungs from being less active or increased stress. This exercise is also important so that your body will be able to fight off an illness better, and reduce or prevent the formation of pneumonia. Some of the goals of lung strengthening is:
- Improving ventilation
- Increasing the effectiveness of cough mechanisms
- Preventing pulmonary complications
- Maintaining or improving chest and thoracic spinal mobility
- Improving the strength, endurance, and coordination of respiratory muscles
- Promoting relaxation
- Improving patient overall functional capacity.
It is still important to come into the office for regular adjustments and maintaining your viral nutrition protocol, but this exercise is another step that can be used if our bodies do become ill.
If you would like more information, please view the YouTube video below.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email or call the office.
Here’s to a Better Life,
Dr. Steve Puckette