People who suffer from digestive issues often have polite ways to describe their condition. My mom used to call them “tummy troubles.”
As a doctor of chiropractic medicine, I use the more standard clinical terms. Your digestive tract is just another normal part of your body. As the children’s book title says, “Everybody Poops.” When something is off, it’s your body sending you a sign that something’s wrong. I’m here to help you pinpoint the source and find the right treatment for:
- Food sensitivities or food allergies
- Anxiety and stress
- Chronic illnesses
- Autoimmune conditions
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Crohn’s disease
- Reactions to medications
- Side effects of medical treatments (like chemo)
Mainstream news is finally starting to catch on that there might be something to this stomach-health connection! Today you can read articles like:
- “Think Twice: How the Gut’s Second Brain Influences Mood and Well-Being” in Scientific American
- “The Brain-Gut Connection” by Johns Hopkins Medicine
- “Leaky Gut Syndrome: What is it?” by WebMD
This isn’t news to me!
Hippocrates, the father of modern medicine said this same thing almost 2500 years ago. He said,
“Every disease starts in the gut.”
“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.”
However, medical doctors don’t learn about leaky gut in medical school and so they don’t know how to treat it.
A vast majority of patients who come into our office have some sort of digestive issues, which may not even be the main reason they came into our office in the first place. Some patients have such anxiety about their stomach problems, that they don’t even reveal to me that they HAD a stomach problem—until they’re feeling better. That’s just silly. Rest assured. I’ve seen or heard it all. You are in good hands.
One area that we almost always work on with our patients having digestive issues are:
- Nutrition support to identify which foods might be contributing to your problems
- Stress reduction and encouraging you to get more sleep, get more exercise and get out in nature
- Providing supplements that heal the lining of your stomach